[nfbmi-talk] Should Students Participate in College Costs?

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:08:49 UTC 2010

I understand that as an organization we have adopted a resolution regarding the college policy. I am simply trying to seek further understanding and clarification regarding our collective position regarding this resolution. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I am aware, the only resolution we have passed regarding the college policy was the one that was passed at last year’s convention. This resolution specifically mentions what should be and what should not be in a college policy. However, it does not specifically mention anything about whether or not students should or should not financially participate in the costs associated with tuition or room and board. Since the Commission is looking to change this part of the policy, I was just simply trying to understand what our position as an organization was regarding this issue. I have tried looking up past resolutions to see if there were any other resolutions regarding this issue, but I could not find any record of past resolutions on either the website or in the list archives. If you know of any further resolutions that speak on this issue, then please let me know because I would like to represent the position of our organization when speaking out on this issue.

Respectfully,
Elizabeth