[nfbmi-talk] Board Meeting Minutes March 18 2010

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 22 02:16:39 UTC 2010

Board Meeting Minutes March 18 2010

Quorum yes

Larry Posont, Mike Powell, Terri Wilcox, Marcus Simmons, Peter Zaremba, Dave
Robinson.

Dan Frye is in town interviewing people for the Braille Monitor article.

Our part of the Commission Board meeting was discussed and everything is
ready. Mike Powell, Terri Wilcox and Mary Ann Rojek are reading. Position
papers will be given to the Commission Board, along with being read, on
marksmanship, Business Enterprise Issues, and the Commission Board in
relation to Public Act 260. Other documents will be presented in the
Commissioners' folders in print. Once documents are presented at the
meeting, they will go on the list serve. If time permits, at the end of our
presentation, Larry Posont will speak briefly on college policy. There will
be a picket at lunch time. Someone will take photographs of the picket for
the Braille Monitor. Individuals who are interested in being on the
Commission Board must be appointed by the governor. In order for us to
support their appointment, they must be committed to the interests of the
blind citizens of Michigan. The press release has been sent out to the wire
service. The discussion at the Pac meeting was about cooperating with Mrs.
People are going to make their views known during public comment.

Adjourn at 9-20.