[nfbmi-talk] open memo

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri May 7 14:12:37 UTC 2010

Yes, thank you and we all need facts about activities of MCB including
financial and procedural issues which are required by various laws.

The utter stonewalling about this is a violation of several laws in and of
itself, but more importantly indicates that they (MCB) have a whole lot to
hide about their actions over the years. And those actions are on there face
clearly discriminatory and again violate several laws. They were directed by
the Director of MCB too.

The head of the entity is responsible and in fact the Eagle v. Cannon, et al
case alone points to that issue alone.

Now MCB wishes to not have the public domain notice of this suit on its list
serve? That is more than goofy. It is a violation of the First Amendment by
a state actor.

I'm certain that Cannon and Pilarski and other in MCB know about this case
as they have been served.
They just don't want anyone else to know about it, including MMCB employees
and interested third parties on that list.

Regardless, any one who can do a simple google search can get the filing of
this case with the Western District Court of the Michigan.

Of course, they, or rather Cannon doesn't wish for blind folks to read or
distribute news stories if they are critical of MCB, or anything else.

And MCB's idea of annual reports which are on its own web site are simply an
elaborate press release with a few blind folks trotted out like the
exploited "Jerry's Kids" as examples of success stories. We all know that
any grievances on the other hand or even inquires are slapped down in a
variety of manners. After all they wouldn't look good.

This also goes to ADA compliance. I know it is bloody embarrassing to point
out that Michigan's ADA Coordinator, the Director of MCB, and the former
Chair of the United States Access Board which actually developed
specifications for things like raised character and Braille signage, etc.
has over time routinely violated the ADA in documented fashion. Yet, those
are the facts, documented facts. The approach at first is denial. Then it
goes to retaliation. Then Cannon goes to mass cover up.

And all the while again they using the purse of the state and federal monies
spin, or try to spin events and actions with bogus press releases and annual
reports.

Anyway Dave I'm delighted that you are online now and that you've got your
e-mail issues taken care of.

Keep the faith my brother.

Joe