[nfbmi-talk] foia on oma and mcb

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue May 18 23:28:37 UTC 2010

May 18, 2010

FOIA FOIA FOIA

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Carla Haynes, Michigan Commission for the Blind, FOIA

haynesc at michigan.gov

Melvin Farmer, Department of Energy, Labor, and Economic Growth (DELEG) FOIa

Dear Ms. Hanes and Mr. Farmer,

I am writing you today to request under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act documents under that act that are not in the least privileged.

They are the series of questions referenced in the recording of the MCB Special Session Meeting of May 3, 2010 sent by the board and Chair Pilarski to the Michigan Attorney General’s Office (specifically to Barbara Schmidt at that office) relative to the role and responsibilities of the MCB Board and reasons for holding a closed session of MCB Board meetings including the very  one on May 3, 2010..

Moreover, I am requesting the response from Ms. Schmidt referenced in the recording and draft minutes that was circulated to all commissioners except for new pending appointee John Scott.

Moreover, in the recording Commissioner Margaret Wolf

 In her motion to hold a close session specifically sited memoranda to the MCB Board of April 22, 2010 and December 8, 2008 from Barbara Schmidt to the MCB Board in these regards as well. So I’m requesting these correspondences.

I am requesting the e-mails to and from these parties acting in their official capacity. They should not be difficult to locate for each and every one of them were indeed sent via e-mail to Patrick D. Cannon and are on his computer in the Victor Office Building. Moreover, they are undoubtably on Ms. Schmidt’s computer as well as the computers of MCB Chair Pilarski, Michael Geno, Geraldine Taekins, and Margaret Wolf as all said they had these with their handouts at the meeting at issue and that was very clear on the recording.

Since it will cost absolutely nothing to locate these documents and to send them to me via my e-mail listed above I expect no fee to conduct a search or any         stonewalling on this issue either.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.