[nfbmi-talk] June chapter meeting Fw: [Westernwaynemi] Key Stakeholders Agree on Measures to Protect Blind Pedestrians from Silent Cars

Donna Posont donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 15:34:05 UTC 2010

Hey Western Wayne Chapter Friends, Since there are five Saturdays this month it will be longer time than usual until we meet again. I am sending you this update on the silent car issue for your interest. Our regularly scheduled meeting is June 5 at the Senate in Dearborn. Some issues to deal with are the upcoming state and national conventions of the NFB. Also our perfume sales start that day and are headed up by Denise Kennedy. Marcus Simmons will be reporting on the state board meeting which will be held this Saturday May 22. We will be discussing cherry sales and our summer meeting schedule which will hopefully include a picnic. Please be thinking of whether you would like to have the picnic the day of the August 8 chapter meeting or another Saturday. Typically we do not meet in July, but if enough people still wish to meet then we can arrange that. Also we are considering our September event to be a weekend at Camp Tuhsmeheta. Please come full of ideas and energy and most of all an eagerness to participate in improvement of life for blind people. Thanks and be blessed, Donna Posont