[nfbmi-talk] Volunteering at Camp Tuhsmeheta

Jacalyn Paulding jacalynpaulding at gmail.com
Sun May 23 23:13:33 UTC 2010

Hello All!

Greetings from wonderful Camp Tuhsmeheta.  We are working hard to open up
the camp, train staff, recruit campers and get ready for a fabulous summer.
We are very excited to be partnering with both the National Federation of
the blind of Michigan for three camps as well as Michigan Parents of
Children with Visual Impairments for family camp.

I am writing because I know these lists are made up of a huge group of
incredible role models who are blind as well as people who truly care about
young people who are blind.  We are in need of volunteers for our different
camps this summer.  Our greatest need at the moment is for people who are
willing to work as cabin counselors to assure that our campers feel at home
when they are at camp.

I am also eagerly seeking individuals who feel they can volunteer to teach,
lead or assist in teaching or leading activities.

If you have a week, two or ten to give at Camp Tuhsmeheta please send me an
e-mail so I can send you more information.

I am so grateful for your time and attention.  For more information on
specific camps please visit www.campt.org

Thanks so much again!  I am truly blessed that so many people have given
selflessly to keep Camp T open and I am eager for our magical summer to
begin.

As one last note if you have spoken to someone about volunteering but a
clear role and time has not been designated please send me an e-mail.  I am
now in the process of getting lists together of specific volunteers for
specific camps.

SIncerely,
Jackie Paulding
Camp Director