[nfbmi-talk] some background on oma foia violations

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed May 26 15:08:36 UTC 2010

May 26 2010 Comments on OMA Reference in December 12 2008 MCB Meeting

All:

One of the documents referenced directly by Margaret Wolfe in her motion to close the recent MCB special meeting was this one referenced in the December 12, 2008 MCB meeting minutes here:

“

  Mr. Eagle stated that during the discussion in the afternoon regarding the four Administrative Law Judge decisions he would be recusing himself from discussion

and voting on the two Cheri Eagle matters and the Sam Tocco matter.

MS. TAECKENS MOVED, SUPPORTED BY MS. WOLFE THAT THE BOARD RECONVENE IN A CLOSED SESSION AFTER LUNCH FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING ATTORNEY/CLIENT PRIVILEGED

DOCUMENTS INCLUDING SAM TOCCO COMING BEFORE THE COMMISSION BOARD THIS AFTERNOON;  THE MOTION CARRIED BY ROLL CALL VOTE WITH TAECKENS, WOLFE AND PILARSKI

VOTING AYE AND EAGLE VOTING NAY.

Mr. Eagle stated that he did not believe the exemptions for a closed meeting had been met and did not feel it necessary that the Board reconvene in a closed

session.  Barbara Schmidt, Attorney General's office representative stated that there has been an attorney/client privileged document circulated to commissioners

which gives grounds for the Board to go into a closed session for discussion.”

All this was to my knoledge were snippets from the Open meetings statute itself. Those of course and her memo are obtainable under FOIA and that is what I asked Farmer for in my recent request. It shows that this meeting too was as Mark Eagle suggested another illegal closed meeting.

This was an important meeting as it announced for the first time the 107 RSA monitoring, and also had commentary by Richard Clay and those activities.

Anyway we’ve got a pattern and practice of abuse of process here and we’re taking on not only MCB and other hacks but abuse of process by the Attorney General’s office over a protracted period of time.

Sincerely,

Joe