[nfbmi-talk] this is all too dateded

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 20:33:11 UTC 2010

Yes, Fred I agree but this program is over regardless as to the finding
here.

However, I think it would behoove us to simply use the Title VII
(independent living ) monies for newsline. I told Cannon directly that they
have a carry over of more than one million in stimulus Title VII monies
which are really pretty discretionary.

He knows that.

Besides it is hard to argue for Title I monies when the bulk of newsline
readers are not vocationally oriented and are indeed elderly blind.

Newsline would fit the bill though for independent living that does not have
a direct vocational goal or outcome. And the money is actually in hand.
Frankly, full funding for Newsline operations could be garnerred for years
if the stimulus title VII monies were appropriated and it makes good sense
to me.

But, Cannon is squirreling and carrying monies forward for some reason. Or
maybe a variety of reasons like the fact he knows MCB has some outstanding
liabilities for legal settlements and such.

Joe