[nfbmi-talk] yikes i missed this

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 22:56:46 UTC 2010

Sorry all. Here was a hunting opportunity for the blind and others with other disabilities I missed. It was in the Disability Network (Flint) newsletter. But, the point is that MCB and DELEG violate the ADA in discriminating against the blind (reference Christine Boone's bogus firing and Cannon's dismantling of the marksmanship program) while other state entities actually encourage and offer extra opportunities for people with disabilities including those of us who are blind...

Here's the clip and again sorry I missed the deadline...
4th Annual - Freedom Hunt

Fort Custer Training Center in Battle Creek will be hosting a two day gun hunt (October 16 and 17) for whitetail deer for individuals with disabilities.
Hunters must apply for this hunt by filling out an application and sending it along with proof of eligibility.

You must be one of the following to be eligible to hunt
1) Veteran with a 100% disability or deemed individually unemployable by the USVA
2) Posses a permit from the Michigan DNR to hunt from a standing vehicle
3) Considered by the State of Michigan to be Legally Blind

APPLICATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 1
For additional information go to:
www.fortcusterhunt.org
or contact Jonathan Edgerly at (269) 731-6570.