[nfbmi-talk] seedlings free book....

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Fri Nov 19 03:23:57 UTC 2010

Hello,

We are perplexed. Registration for the free braille book program called "the Gift of Reading" is down this year (225 children vs. an average of 270 children in previous years). If you have not registered your child/student(s), please do so now! The deadline has been extended to Monday, 11/22. We will be mailing the books on December 1st, so please hurry, as we need time to make and pack your books!

The Detroit Free Press has again generously funded the Gift of Reading Program for 2010. This means that all Michigan VI children who are braille readers (or pre-readers) can register to receive one free braille book from Seedlings Braille Books for Children for the holidays (you list 3 choices and we will send one of them)!

The fastest way to register is to go to: http://www.seedlings.org/giftread.php and fill out the form (a confirming email will be sent to you), or you can call Seedlings at 734-427-8552 (800-777-8552 tollfree). If you need help selecting a book, we will do our best to help you.

The deadline for registration has been extended to 11-22-10! Please don't miss your chance to get your child a free braille book (and please feel free to forward this email to other Michigan parents and teachers!)

   Best wishes,
   Debra Bonde, Director
   Seedlings Braille Books for Children

   14151 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154
   www.seedlings.org
   800-777-8552
   734-427-8552 local phone & fax

(We respect your privacy and do not share our lists with anyone, but if you wish to be removed from this list, please send an email to: info at seedlings.org that says "Remove" in the subject line and includes your name and zip code in the body of the email. Thank you.)