[nfbmi-talk] now making more than $95 k

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 00:43:10 UTC 2010

I'm pretty sure that she does but could be off by a few bucks or so. Still,
look at Jones' base in 2007!

Anyway, as you know my argument isn't how much one makes, but one of
accountability and transparency.

I wouldn't begrudged Cannon his salary at all if I thought he actually
deserved it for example.

These are only parameters for the public to decide.

But, let me say this it makes me sick to my stomache whenver I here some
highly paid person of any stripe in the publicsector, let alone one like
this on condemn and make ad hominum attacks against consumers or clients or
whatever as if we are "ripping off the system".

It enrages me to no end.

And for these hacks and the likes of those like White who denied me dental
and otehr services in violation of the law of which I suffer to date while
she and the likes of Cannon go on fabulous vacations and then double dip and
do other garbage is simply beyond the pale. And I'm just the proverbial tip
of the iceberg.

Oh, when CRC who make in the mid fifties and up stood before the MCB, on
state time and on the clock to lobby for effectively illegal and knowingly
illegal means testing and condeming blind college students I just about lost
it. Good thing I wasn't there in person. I may have been arrested for
foaming at the mouth and going ballistic over these insults against us.

Man, and everyone of them disable or not, blind or not have benefitted by
the system they violate too, and big time.

Now, I certainly separate those both of goodwill and of merit in this
process and do not wish to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I
certainly don't begrudge you, Chris your salary although I think all
salaries are and should be public knoledge as a matter of transparency
(sonething that is a separate issue, but I think you'd agree).

We should have evaluations eespecially of upper echelon state employees and
those funded with fed bucks available to. And they should be impartial and
objective.

The public has a right to know as I'm sure you will agree.

Now, there are contingencies that raw data alone can't bring true light
upon. That is the problem with "no child left behind" legislation and
"teaching to the test". But, regardless as to metrics and how the public
judges, rightfully or wrongly we need to know this stuff and we have the
right to have it in the public domain.

I know you agree which is why we can disagree so much without being
disagreeable...(Not on all things or even most things for sure, but on some
things...) Smiles...

Joe