[nfbmi-talk] low cost dial up that is not web based

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 14:36:01 UTC 2010

 Hi All,
If you know of anyone who needs a low cost dial up with phone help they may want to consider  the Genesee Freenet. I am a volunteer for them. They are state wide and their address is
www.gfn.org

The web site has a link for  local numbers in your city or something like that.

They do not need any software to connect. They can use web based email from the gfn web site, yahoo, or just set up an account with a email program like outlook or outlook express etc.

The phone is 810-720-2880.

I messed up my settings and they helped me yesterday including helping me get a new passwrd. The tech support people are quite good. Carl Adam is using his
Braille Note Apex with the genesee freenet since his  high speed will not work, at least it did not in the summmer.

If you have read this before, please pass it on.  Personally, I do not find web based email  very easy to use. I keep the freenet as a back up in case my high speed goes down.

They worked with Baltimore when Newsline had  those bugs and I was getting hundreds of the same welcome letter.

I used to be on the board but now I only pass out info. My rep has taken info to senior fairs and I put the info into libraries while traveling.
Best,

Georgia