[nfbmi-talk] Minutes, October 7,

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 19 01:00:54 UTC 2010

Minutes, October 7, 8:30 P.M.

Quorum Larry Posont, Terri Wilcox, Marcus Simmons, Peter Zaremba, Mike Powell, Dave Robinson, Matt McCubbin.

Secretary's Report Terri Wilcox Marcus moves we accept the secretary's report with corrections.

Treasurer's Report, Peter Zaremba. There is around $1500 in the treasury. Most bills are paid. An expense occurred when Larry Posont
sent a letter to Pat Cannon via fed-ex. Local chapters should forward dues. Terri Wilcox moves, and  Mike Powell seconds the
Treasurer's Report. The Report is approved.

President's Report, Larry Posont. Pat Cannon was written a letter because blind people are being denied BEP locations. Sighted
individuals are being placed in these valuable jobs. Eleven locations are on the bid line. Andy Levin was also sent a cover letter.
Cannon was sent all the correspondence that has been written to him concerning Newsline via Fed-Ex. Larry Posont may meet with Pat
Cannon concerning Newsline next week. Call Friday, and ask for Pat's secretary concerning Newsline. A couple interviews have taken
place concerning Newsline. Sibley is willing to meet about staff training. Gino and Wolf are off the Commission Board. A letter was
sent to Cannon and Heibeck stating our opposition about leasing a hotel for the training center. Staff retirements may be known by
November 5. Thirty people are eligible for retirement. There is an Rfp for Camp Tuhsmeheta for perspective renters. Larry Posont and
Opportunitieis Unlimited for the Blind were the only two perspective renters who went to explore Camp Tuhsmeheta. This exploration
of the camp allows them to raise questions on the RFP. Responsibilities were increased for the perspective renters. The Department
of Education has requested $295 thousand from the trust fund. They will fund $135 thousand. The trust fund states it must be used
for camps for the blind. Both candidates for governor were invited to the Convention.

Law Suit A discussion about the law suit occurred.

State Convention. Send reminders out about Convention registration and hotel reservations once or twice a week on the list serve.
The agenda is filling up. Braille books may be donated from Temple Bethel Bindary. Cabs are recommended for people from the air
port. Literature was discussed. Resolutions need to go to Dave Robinson.

The next board meeting will be October 21.

Adjourn at 9-20 P.M.

 Thank you for working together to change

what it means to be blind in Michigan.

Email: presidentddnfbddmi at gmailddcom