[nfbmi-talk] isn't it ironic?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Sep 1 23:22:29 UTC 2010

September 1, 2010

All,

While now all have seen various stonewalling by Director Cannon and regarding public information including the recent stonewalling about remitting state plans witch include financials and the requested MCB operating budget it appears they just don't wish to have the books open to the public?

Yet, they put a clerical burden on students with the DELEG financial form, expect timely financial reports and payments from BEP operators and so on and so forth.
Now, we the public including the blind public have the right to request and to receive this critical information from a heavily federally funded state agency.

The overt discrimination is clear for I do not get this sort of stonewalling from say my local school district.

Ladies and gentlemen this isn't a romper room. The denials of public information let alone the requirements to remit it pro forma and to put it on the MCB web site is in a word "nuts". In fact and deed it establishes the plain fact that MCB is not more open than similar entities around the country. But, indeed less so and in stark violation of several laws from the FOIA through the Rehabilitation Act through the ADA.

Pick a card any card they all are violated. Sadly, they put responsibilities upon customers/students and on BEP operators that they don't comply with themselves.

Even more sadly is that Cannon, et al make MCB vulnerable to even more litigation which it will lose. But, who will ultimately suffer for this? Yes, Michigan's blind people will effectively be penalized for the malfeasance and violations of several laws by certain key MCB administrators.

I urge you the Commissioners of MCB to insist that this and other requested information in the public interest is not only remitted to myself, but to be made public to all on MCB's very web site in a timely and accessible manner.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.