[nfbmi-talk] newsline funding

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 23:58:55 UTC 2010

Larry Posont, President

20812 Ann Arbor Trail

Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

517-482-1800

Email:

president.nfb.mi at gmail.com

Web page

www.nfbmi.org

Dear Fellow Federationists:

            I am writing to fill you in on what the Board decided last evening regarding Newsline. Many of you have probably seen
the Press Release sent out by our National Office. Unless we find critical funding, Newsline will be turned off in Michigan on
October 1. We have decided on four steps in order to keep Newsline in Michigan.

1. We need letters of support from individuals who use Newsline. Please send them to my email address at

president.nfb.mi at gmail.com

Please contact the Michigan Secretary, Terri Wilcox, at

trising at sbcglobal.net

 if you need assistance with writing your support letter.

2. I will write to Pat Cannon to request Rehabilitation budget Monies to fund Newsline. Newsline will include a jobs segment by the
end of the year, so it would be appropriate for Rehabilitation money to fund it.

3. We will petition members of the Commission Board to fund Newsline.

4. Newsline places Commission for the Blind announcements in the Sponsors section, so it is to the Commission's benefit to keep
Newsline funded. We must convince them that Newsline enhances the awareness of blind individuals concerning aspects of the programs
of the Commission for the Blind. It is to the Commission's benefit to keep it funded.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with letters of support, questions, and other ideas at the email and phone number previously
listed.

Sincerely

Larry Posont, President