[nfbmi-talk] they don't live up to this

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 17:53:53 UTC 2010

I understand Fred. And to make it clear I take no offense whatsoever with
what you wrote.

This goes as well to the OMA suit against the Commissioners. Clearly they
violated the OMA through some very bad information by Barbara Schmidt. Those
are simply facts and there is nothing personal in the suit.

As per the ADA items I urge the Commissioners to force Cannon to release to
me and the public documents under trequired under the ADA, 504, Title I of
the Rehab Act, FOIA and every other law tthat Cannon and his lapdogs violate
over and over again. I urge them that to protect them for ultimately under
these laws the heads of the entity are responsable and will be sued.

In this case the head of MCB are cojoined. They are Patrick D. Cannon as
Director and the members of the MCB.

It is just like if there is an IDEA or ADA/504 suit against a school
district. UUltimately the Superintendent and the entire Schol Board get
sued.

The commissioners have the power to demand that Cannon remits documents to
the public. In fact they have the power to demand that the requested
documents are put on the MCB web site yesterday.

That goes to transcripts of ALJ determinations and in fact eacy and
everything discussed and voted upon at MCB meetings.

In fact they not only have the power to demand this. they have the
obligation under law to do so.

I am of greater sympathy than they know about all the snow jobs that have
been foisted upon them over the years. But, the situation is dire. Programs
and services for the blind throughout Michigan are at stake here. It is time
for the Commissioners, one and all to exercise their authority.

I'm especially sorry for newer members like John Scott about all of this.
But, we do not have much time to save MCB. We're simply running out of time
my friend.

Peace,

Joe