[nfbmi-talk] Fw: foia request draft minutes and recording august 27 mcb meeting

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Sep 8 19:32:16 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Haynes, Carla (DELEG)
To: joe harcz Comcast
Cc: Farmer, Mel (DELEG) ; Cannon, Patrick (DELEG) ; Luzenski, Sue (DELEG) ; Zanger, Connie (DELEG) ; Turney, Susan (DELEG)
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:53 PM
Subject: RE: foia request draft minutes and recording august 27 mcb meeting

September 8, 2010

Mr. Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

Re:  FOIA Request for Draft Minutes and Recordings

Dear Mr. Harcz, Jr.:

This notice is in response to your August 31, 2010 request to the Michigan Commission for the Blind (MCB) for copies of records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq., which you describe as:

"the draft minutes of the August 27, 2010, MCB quarterly board meeting and the mp3 recordings on CD, or, as you did last time on a thumb drive of the August 28, 2010, meeting".

In order to determine the existence of any nonexempt information/records within the Michigan Commission for the Blind that might be responsive to your request (the draft minutes are not completed at this point in time) and as to the recording of this meeting, a search and examination must be undertaken.  For this reason, it is necessary to extend the time for response, as permitted by section 5(2)(d) of the FOIA, through September 21, 2010, or sooner.

Sincerely,

Carla Miller Haynes, FOIA Coordinator

Michigan Commission for the Blind

cc:     Mel Farmer