[nfbmi-talk] this is inforinformative

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 15:52:47 UTC 2010

Also a point that stuck out to me was where the fellow sai we can go
kayaking, dancing and do other activities. Oh, but there was a not so subtle
ommission here. Apparently they can't engage in a markmanship
class...Grin...

The other thing that constantly disturbed me about this sort of contrived PR
spin is that MCB always parades out students and so-called success stories
just like Jerry Lewis depicts "Jerry's Kids" and of course they never
publicise the horrid nightmare stories of chronic violations of client
rights, arbitrary closures, abuses of due process, and the fact that so many
especially in this region and Detroit are denied eligability from the get go
and on arbitrary and capricious manners.

We need only to look at the publicly documented cases of fellows, Tomczak,
and Brooks who had licences illegally revoked and who then tried to get back
into the overall VR system and who were told they were inineligable for
services.

On whatgrounds were those determinations made? Not the requirements of the
Rehab Act that is for sure. No, they were made on the aarbitrary grounds of
some counselor simply said, "You're inelagable..."
These and more documented cases of abuse in the service delivery system are
nothing short of criminal behabior in my mind.

Joe