[nfbmi-talk] FYI- youth and parent scholarships for State Convention

melinda latham youthslammi at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 12:22:29 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I am writting to let people know that there is strong possiblity that people will be able to get scholarships for State Convention.  I am working with LIO. low incidence Outreach, to make this happen.  They have a scholarship program for those that they consider indigent , which means they recieve free or reduced lunch or a bridge card.  These scholarships usually are for youth, however, they will treat this as a family event and provide money for parents to attend with their youth.
The only issue with this is the form for this comming year is not available yet.  It is suppose to be forwarded to me as soon as it is available.  She said it may not be until Oct. 1st.   Therefore, i will not put out an offical announcement until i get the form.  I will also send the flyer that must accompany the application.  The parents have to send the info to LIO and then they take card of the scholarship process and send the NFBM a check.
So as soon as i get the info i will send it out.  I don't see a problem with letting parents know that this is comming.  It will be a quick turn around period, if i don't get until the first because our date with the hotel is oct.15.  So, there maybe a 10 day period of getting info out.

Thanks,

Melinda

MELINDA LATHAM
Youth Outreach Coordinator, NFB of MI