[nfbmi-talk] FW: Memorial Service for Virginia Patten

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 21:35:02 UTC 2010

  _____

From: thisismichael at att.net [mailto:thisismichael at att.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 5:29 PM
To: mp at att.net
Subject: Memorial Service for Virginia Patten

Hello from the Patten family.  Pat is due home this Thursday for a one month
visit from his medical mission in Tanzania, East Africa.  It is time to hold
a memorial service for our mom, Virginia Patten, who peacefully passed away
back in February.  Pat or one of his classmates will preside and we hope
that you will be able to join us.  Of course, we know that people have other
plans and we certainly understand if you are not able to attend, but we
wanted to extend the invitatinon.  And please share this invitation with
those you know who knew our mom or our family.

Come join us Saturday, October 2 at 12 noon at Our Lady Queen of Peace
Church, 20955 Bournemouth St, Harper Woods, MI  48225.  The church phone
number is: 313.881.5212.  The church is located three blocks from the Moross
exit (#224A) of I-94 (Ford Freeway) and can easily be seen from Harper,
which at that point is the service drive.

At her request, our mom was cremated.  Her ashes will be scattered at our
family cottage at a later date.  Come join Pat, Colleen & Michael with your
stories and memories about Virginia as we will gather afterwards to
celebrate her life.  Also, please do us a favor - when you come, please
introduce yourself as some of us (Pat expecially) have not seen some of you
for a very long time and it is often difficult to put a name with a face.
Thanks.

Memorial donations or cards are not necessary, your presence will be of
greatest value to us.  If you are unable to attend, or do wish to make a
donation, I'm sure mom would have chosen either of the following two 501c3
tax exempt charities:

The Alzheimer's Foundation, since Virginia battled that disease for the last
twelve years of her life - or - The Flying Medical Service, which her son
Pat founded in 1983 in Tanzania and has operated ever since.

I can't think of anything else, but if I forgot something or you have any
questions, please call us at 313.881.8787, email thisismichael at att.net or
drop us a line at The Patten Family, 1758 Manchester Blvd, Grosse Pointe
Woods, MI  48236.

Blessings,

Michael, Colleen & Fr. Pat