[nfbmi-talk] reasonable accessible accomodations

christywitte at sbcglobal.net christywitte at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 15 02:35:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

I live in an apartment building where nothing is accessible. It is true that I chose to live here but there was information I didn't have. My main problem is that the smoke detectors are very quiet and I am hard of hearing as well as blind. The apartment complex says that a "reasonable accommodation" is spending $40 but the bedshakers, vibators or louder alarms are much more costly. I would appreciate any input. Feel free to email me on this matter.
Christy