[nfbmi-talk] Rehab Counselling

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 13:58:40 UTC 2011

Hi Cheryl,

In a different vein here I must say I was a reporter for decades too. And
this was while legally blind too. Bottom line is public entities must answer
the fundamental questions of: who, what, when, where, why, and how.

Of course there is always a tension between those of us who are also
advocates and these objective principles. But, MCB doesn't answer under this
regime to either course. Man they haven't had a public hearing, for example
on anything related to state plan under Cannon. Even commissioners don't get
timely information related to affairs of this public agency in any format!

My point here is that this agency from the top is very secretive, not unlike
the old Soviet Union and even when it evolves public documents as my
numerous posts around the ADA, 504, FOIA and OMa attest.

In my experience as a former reporter I found that whenever a public agent
or a public agency tried to hide information they indeed inevitably had
something to hide.

Oh, lord this agency is now half way through its fiscal year and yet is
trying to make me jump through hoops to get precisely how it spends its
money which every citizen has the right to know regardless as to
affiliation, party, or whatever.

There is another layer of insult in these regards and that is that we as
blind folks have to fight for and are required to pay extra for the same
information that the average sighted person can get with a click of the
mouse. And this is illegal, and a pure violation of the ADA/504.

But, here's one rub amongst many rubs...Just who is and who has been the
State of Michigan ADA coordinator? Well Patrick D. Cannon! Enough said on
this point for this goofball is a documented serial violator of fundamental
civil rights within and without the system and state wide at that.

There is not enough time to document the abuses here and the violations of
fundamental "checks and balances". But, needless to say I've documented many
of them on this and other lists and they are archived.

Some, though not very many do not like my focus on Cannon, or the Executive
Management Team at MCB for that matter. But, they are the ones who have
perniciously and over a protractive period of time who have violated more
laws in fact and documented fact and deed than the proverbial "Carter has
liver pills".

All we need to look to again is to the continued requests for accessible
information and in a timely manner sans even subjective motives to see this
is true.

This is, in other words a well documented regime by any standards that is
purely out of control and the Director is a violator, in most documented
fashion of so many laws and over a protracted period of time and again, in
documented fashion I can't even count the instances of same.

Peace comes only with Justice,

Joe