[nfbmi-talk] {Disarmed} Survey

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:03:51 UTC 2011

Dear Michigan Federationists:
    This survey looks really worthwhile. Please complete it and send it back. I believe it will be beneficial. Please also distribute it to other blind people you know.
Thanks,
Larry Posont

Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey

Welcome to the Adult Rehabilitation and Employment Survey.

This survey is intended for adults who are blind or visually impaired, and who are of employment age. The purpose of the survey is to gain some information about your experiences with Vocational Rehabilitation through your state services or rehabilitation counselor; your experiences with adjustment training, education, and employment. If you are legally blind or significantly visually impaired, and if you are of employment age (at least 18 years old), you are invited to complete this survey.

For your convenience, we have two options for you to complete the survey. They are:

1. Click on the link at the end of this page and you can complete the questions online.

2. If you prefer, you can contact our office and someone will take your responses over the phone. You can call 318-257-4554, or e-mail dseilhan at latech.edu to make these arrangements.

This survey should not take more than ten minutes of your time. All of your responses will be kept strictly confidential-no information you share will be released about you in any form. This is entirely voluntary, and you may exit out of the survey at any time. Your experiences are very important to us, and if you do exit the survey, your information will not be used, so we appreciate your cooperation.

We cannot thank you enough for your time and attention to our work. For those who do participate in this survey, you will be entered into a drawing where 5 individuals will win a $100 VISA gift card. So, take ten minutes to share your experiences with us and get a chance to win!

If you wish to participate in future research, or to be notified of the results of this survey, please make sure to include your e-mail address. We will report the results to you once the analysis is complete. Finally, you should know that this survey software may collect your computer's IP address, but we assure you that this information will not be used for any purpose, and will not be released in any fashion.

To begin the survey, please click the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/25BX5Y6

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC

REGISTER TO TAKE THE NATIONAL CERTIFICATION IN LITERARY BRAILLE (NCLB) Exam
http://www.nbpcb.org/pages/announcements.php

Director, Professional Development and Research
Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158
Ruston LA  71272
Office: 318.257.4554
Fax: 318.257.2259 (Fax)
Skype: edwardbell2010
ebell at latech.edu
www.latech.edu/instituteonblindness
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
-- Stephen Jay Gould