[nfbmi-talk] Snyder Administration: Day 116 update

Cheryl Wade wadecher at msu.edu
Wed Apr 27 20:25:22 UTC 2011

    Hello.

I do NOT thihnk Braille will become outdated, although I believe we will use
technology more and more. We still will need to label our papers, "look" at
formatting instructions for our research papers and most likely read recipes
on paper so we don't get the food we're preparing all over our computers. We
also must maintain our right to read actively, with our fingers, rather than
passively, with our ears. Why are there so many Braille displays?

The only way that would change would be if there were some kind of
technology that would allow us to be visually connected in some way to print
text, perhaps by electrodes or by some very small and very powerful
electronic display. In other words, in a few years, we all might "see" in
some way.

Cheryl Wade