[nfbmi-talk] Fw: MCB Minutes - June 23, 2006

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 16:16:10 UTC 2011

Hi Fred,

This just goes to the minutes and the attachment related to the Michigan
blind trust.

It's an historical record and relates to trying to shed some light on the
trusts, where the money has gone and to some of the issues I heard related
to camp T in Saturday's meeting.
Frankly, I think we're all dealing in the dark (excuse the reference here)
and each of us have our hands on bits and peicesof a Jig Saw puzzle.

So I'm only trying to help in giving a few pieces if you catch my drift
here.

Regardless, advocates for the blind issue to the side I think the taxpayer's
of Michigan would like to see that monies dedicated to this or that actually
go to this or that.

I for one would love to see a complete audit of both the Stanley Herman
Trust and the MDE school for the blind trust fund over years.

Regardless, there sure seems to have been some shuffling of monies
especially after this sale of the School for the Blind and those include
some shuffling for match purposes to MCB in FY 2008.

BTW I honor the work that you and George for that matter has done on behalf
of blind folks over years. I rreally do.

I am struck that MDE put all kinds of pressure in this era for
accountability on George/ OUB, etc. for financial accounting including
audits yet MDE and indeed MCB hasn't been so transparent in the least.
This said I heard that the Stateof Michigan might be considerring sale of
one hundred acres of Camp T property. Is this accurate?

and how can they do that sort of thing legally?

This looks like an end run around law and dedicated funds to me at first
blush just like the wheeling and dealing over the Flint campus of the School
for the Deaf (and Blind) under law during the final days of the Grandholm
administration.

Frankly, I'm looking at a state desperate for revenues under both Democratic
and Republican Administrations who wish to strip assets dedicated for people
who are blind or otherwise disabled.

It kind of goes to your brilliant "ATM" polemic...

sincerely and with Positive Intent in Shedding Light upon Darkness,

Joe