[nfbmi-talk] Bringing Back Memories

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sat Dec 3 20:36:06 UTC 2011

Great article fred!  I had forgotten most of that stuff because I was not fortunate enough to have Mr. Burnet as a science instructor.  I did have him for health though and as you can imagine, that was a hoot!  I did informally crash a number of his classes.  In the mid 70's after that horrible mainstreaming garbage, the science program basically  fell apart.  I basically taught myself probably using some of those textbooks y'all made.  I was fortunate enough to see Mr. Burnet at Camp Touchmaheta on several occassions.  I always had a lot of things I wanted to learn and he was always more than willing to teach this pesky little kid.  You captured him perfectly Fred but as I recal, he drove a moter cycle to school in maybe 74 or 75 even when it was freezing outside!  He also had his lab down in the basment where some of those smells could occassionally perculate up into the high school!  Oh man, aqarium cleaning time!!  The last thing I clearly remember about Mr. Burnet, was with him and Mr. Huff who took over what was left of the science program.  We launched a couple of model rockets out of the basement window towards the north or slightly right of the library.  We were supposed to go find where they dropped and try and calculate the trejectory.  Well, that remained a mystery!  We never found the rockets!  Maybe someone at Olympic broil or the Capitol  building found one!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!