[nfbmi-talk] never responded to then or now

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 02:11:15 UTC 2011

Man, this guy just can't seem to figure out how to rereply to e-mail let alone how to respond in a timely manner to ADA requests.

I think he missed a deadline or two on this one.

BTW I found this on my old laptop and am submitting this for the record to show years of callous and malicious indifference to our civil rights while acting in official capacity as both MCB Director and as State of Michigan ADA Coordinator.

By the way he hasn't conducted or remitted any of the required surveys relative to MCB meetings either...

Joe

September 20, 2005

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris, MI  48458

E-mail: michiganadapt at peoplepc.com

Re: Request for accessible information

Patrick Cannon

ADA Coordinator, State of Michigan

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing you today in your capacity as the ADA Coordinator for the State of Michigan to bring an access issue to your attention and to request accessible information. Please note that in the web page attached to this letter that there are several documents related to access on the Department of Labor and Economic Growth’s web site including the Department’s “Accessible Meeting Policy”. Unfortunately these documents are not accessible to me in that they are .pdf files that are not readily convertible to my system. They are either improperly formatted for the Adobe file conversion system that my Windows millennium system will support or simply my version (which is all that I can have) will not support the version used here. Regardless every time I “click” on the links below I get an “error reading document” message. Moreover, the Adobe conversion tools by e-mail won’t convert these documents. I find this and similar situations with state documents to say the least ironic as effective communications is a requirement of the ADA and again as these very documents concern ADA compliance which includes access to state documents.

I suggest that just as the U.S. Department of Justice and other sites do that whenever a Pdf” file of any sort is posted to the public on any state web site that a corollary html or plain text document is also posted that is accessible to our adaptive aids and not just those with the most advanced systems.

This said I am formally requesting all of the documents listed in the attachment with a “pdf icon” in accessible format pursuant to the effective communications requirements of Title II of the ADA and the “auxiliary aids and services” provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Please note the “primary consideration” elements of the implementing regulations in these regards.

Specifically I request that these documents are remitted to me as either plain text enclosures or Word 97 file attachments to my e-mail address listed above.

I thank you as always for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Paul “Joe” Harcz, Jr.

Cc: file

Accessible Meetings

Skip Navigation alt+2

Department of Labor & Economic Growth alt+1

Michigan.gov banner

Michigan.gov Home

DLEG Home |

Sitemap |

Contact |

Online Services |

Agencies

 alt+s

Inside DLEG

Table with 4 columns and 44 rows

DLEG Press Releases

Office of Human Resources

Accessible Meetings

Equal Opportunity

Forms

Hire Packets

Labor Relations

Leave of Absence

MI 360

Performance Management

Policies & Procedures

Worker's Compensation

Boundary Commission

Governor's Quality Care Awards

Legislative Info

Legislative Reports

Orders, Laws & Rules

Contact Us

Forms

Who We Are

table end

Agencies & Commissions

Commercial Services & Corporations

Construction Codes & Fire Safety

Energy Office

Financial and Insurance Services

DLEG Hearings, Appellate, Mediation and Rules

Liquor Control

Metro Authority

DLEG MI Land Bank Fast Track Authority

MIOSHA

Wage Hour Division

[Printer Friendly] alt+3

[Text Version] alt+T

Accessible Meetings

DLEG's Equal Opportunity Officer, with assistance from members of her ADA Committee, developed an accessible meetings policy and procedures to assist DLEG

employees in planning meetings or events sponsored and planned in whole or in part by DLEG. "Accessible" means that all who are qualified to attend a meeting

or event will be able to attend, participate in all activities, and have access to information in a manner that allows full participation during the event.

DLEG's Equal Opportunity Office also developed a training program on the policy and procedures.

Training Resources

ADA Accessible Meetings Presentation (PDF)

PDF icon

Accessible Meetings and Events Policy

PDF icon

Accessible Meetings Procedures

DOC icon

Accessible Meetings Resources

DOC icon

Accessible Video Production Policy

PDF icon

A Quick Checklist for Planning Accessible Meetings

PDF icon

Michigan LEGwork Articles, 2004, Pertaining to Disability and Access

PDF icon

Michigan Centers for Independent Living

PDF icon

How to Make Your PowerPoint Presentations Accessible

PDF icon

State Departments

More State Sponsored Websites

Statewide Online Services