[nfbmi-talk] dol sets new goals for hiring pwd

Phyllis Slater concierge at samobile.net
Thu Dec 8 20:48:12 UTC 2011

My interst is in stating my thoughts about mandatory hiring for
disabled.  When we set a percentage to be employed, does it say they
must meet standards equal to any person seeking employment.

When a company must meet a required percentage of hiring what if there
are no qualified disabled employees.  Is the company fined?  Do they
have to hire people who do not have the ability to  learn the job and
be effective just to meet requirements?

Many times these laws are well meaning but cost more to implement than
they provide results.  If I pay for a job to be done and within the
quoted cost to me, I want the work done right.

There are so many people unemployed that have some great skills,
shouldn't they be allowed to be interviewed as well?

Where is the fine line to this?