[nfbmi-talk] i still haven't had a response to this

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 22 13:25:38 UTC 2011

July 8, 2011 ADA Rehab Act Request for Third Quarter MCB Financial Report

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

Patrick D. Cannon

Director, MCB/LARA

Michigan Commission for the Blind

Via E-mail

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I’m writing today to request in accessible format the MCB Operating Budget through the Third Quarter of this current fiscal year as you and the agency have promised in public records to commissioners, and thus to members of the public too…I mean don’t forget we citizens of this state and country please including those of us with disabilities. I’m also requesting that MCB in the spirit of Governor Snyder’s “dashboard” principle of transparency post this uniformly, affirmatively and in a timely and accessible manner to its own web site.

Regardless, I’m requesting same as a Word attachment to my e-mail address listed above.

The people of this state including me have the right to know how MCB’s money is spent.

Oh, and a further thought here: I’d like to see a complete line item break down of precisely how much MCB has expended to date this fiscal year on legal  expenses including but not limited to the settlements of the Robin Hill v. Michigan Commission for the Blind case; the Dave Robinson settlement; and the Christine Boone case.

In other words how much is MCB losing in state and federal funds relative to these cases including any expenditure to the Michigan Attorney General for defending these cases and others in the first place?

I thank you in advance for your prompt and compliant  response to this inquiry.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.