[nfbmi-talk] Minutes, December 16, 2010 8:30 P.M.

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 05:07:33 UTC 2011

Thank you for posting the minutes from the last conference call. I wanted to see how other people understood my proposal for Washington Seminar. Based on the minutes of this meeting, it appears as though my proposal was misunderstood. Therefore, I would like to try to explain it again so that everyone can understand what I was trying to say.

My proposal did not include the state affiliate to pay for anything more or less than what was already agreed upon in a previous motion made on December 2, 2010. This motion states that the state affiliate would sponsor two rooms for Washington Seminar. One female room and one male room.

However, the night before our last conference call I learned that I was the only female who responded to JJ’s email about attending Washington Seminar. I also heard that Melinda was interested in arriving to Washington a day earlier to do some more sightseeing with the youth, but was not sure if she would have the money to afford an extra night in the hotel room.

Knowing these two things, I asked Melinda if there would be any room for me to stay in the youth room, and if so, then perhaps the state affiliate could sponsor the room as the female room which would give Melinda the ability to afford an extra night in the hotel room. If agreed upon, the state affiliate would have paid for the three nights as stated in the motion, and the youth fund would have paid for the extra night in the hotel room.

However, this proposal only seems to have confused all parties involved. It seems as though most people thought I was advocating for the state affiliate to pay for only one room when this was not the case. Since it appears as though no one understood my proposal, nor was a decision made about this proposal, that the state affiliate goes back to the original motion and sponsor two rooms for Washington Seminar. And since there were no stipulations on how many people needed to be in the room in order for the state affiliate to sponsor the rooms, I believe the state affiliate should sponsor both of these rooms regardless of how many people stay in the room.

I hope this clarifies what I was trying to say during the conference call, and does not leave anyone confused about what is going on in regards to Washington Seminar. I am sure that I could say more about this issue, but I am choosing to take the high road here. It is my hope that others will do the same when discussing this issue.

Respectfully,
Elizabeth