[nfbmi-talk] Winndows 7 Calculator

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 09:41:07 UTC 2011

fun fun for every one
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Wurtzel" <f.wurtzel at att.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:06 AM
Subject: [nfbmi-talk] Winndows 7 Calculator

For those of you with nothing else to do, I ran across this on www.w7io.com
<http://www.w7io.com/>  a companion web pabe to the book Office 2010 Inside
Out.  The book is on Bookshare.

So, check this out and amuse yourself if you want to.

Warmest Regards,

FredAugust 19th, 2010

Earlier today I was poking around in the Calculator app that's included with
Windows

7. (Hey, it was a slow day.) The lowly Calculator app remained unchanged
from Windows

3.0 in 1990 up through Windows Vista, but it's been overhauled for Windows
7.

New options at the bottom of the View menu cause Calculator to sprout
special purpose

calculators to the right of the familiar keypad. These calculators perform
all types

of unit conversion in addition to calculations such as mortgage payment and
fuel

economy.

But the one that caught my eye today was the Date Calculation panel. Hmmm,
how many

days since I was born? I was astonished to see that the answer is 19,999
days! Tomorrow

my odometer rolls over as I celebrate the big Two-Oh. Oh, oh, oh.

Calculator19999

If you want to check your age-or see how much older I am than you-open
Calculator

and then choose View, Date Calculation or press Ctrl+E. In the meantime, I'm
going

to party like it's 19999.

Posted in

Windows 7