[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Resolution concerning employment of blind people

Christine Boone christine_boone at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 18:03:54 UTC 2011

This is a really positive and hopeful letter.  I suggest that we keep communications open with Gregory Grabowski, beginning with a thank you to him for such a candid response.  It appears, from his carefully worded letter, that Leader Dog may share some of our concerns about the Michigan Commission for the Blind.  He also raises an excellent point about the lack of mass transit in the city of Rochester.  Honestly, it seems to me that it would make many things easier for the folks at Leader Dog if there was bus service in that community.  They always instruct dog users on bus travel, and now need to travel to another city by car for that purpose.

Rochester seems like it would be a decent place to live.  Perhaps they have para-transit that could at least be a start for someone who wanted to take a chance on living and working in Rochester?

Anyway, I just wanted to weigh in, and to offer my encouragement to further pursue a positive working relationship here.

CB