[nfbmi-talk] Fw: foia related to cannon campaign activity

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 19:16:55 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Farmer, Mel (LARA)
To: 'joe harcz Comcast'
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (DELEG) ; Arwood, Steve (LARA) ; Haynes, Carla (DELEG) ; 'sally.conway at usdoj.gov' ; 'Jo Ann Pilarski' ; Morrow, Mario (LARA)
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:03 PM
Subject: FW: foia related to cannon campaign activity

Mr. Joseph Harcz, this notice is in response to your July 5, 2011 email (attached) to my office requesting "any and all email correspondences" on Mr. Patrick Cannon's work computer related to the Verge Bernero Governor Campaign; and any correspondence from his wife, "Janelle" related to a campaign contribution.

Please be informed that after a thorough search, to the best of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Michigan Commission for the Blind (LARA/MCB) knowledge, information, and belief, there are no records possessed by LARA/MCB responsive to your request. Thusly, as no such records exist in the LARA/MCB, your request is denied.

As the LARA/MCB is processing this request under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq., please be informed that under the FOIA (MCL 15.240) you may submit a written appeal regarding the denial of any portion of your FOIA request to Steven H. Hilfinger, Director, Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Mr. Mike Zimmer, Chief Deputy Director, Ottawa Building, 4th Floor, P.O. Box 30004, Lansing, Michigan 48909. Your appeal must include the word "appeal" and state the reason(s) for reversal of the denial(s). You may also seek judicial review in circuit court within 180 days after the Department's final determination. If you prevail in such action, the court shall award reasonable attorney fees. If the court finds the department's action(s) to be arbitrary and capricious, the court shall, in addition to any actual or compensatory damages, award punitive damages in the amount of $500.00.