[nfbmi-talk] I filed this complaint and more against jo anne too

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Jul 9 01:23:03 UTC 2011

ADA 504 Complaint CIC Minutes July 8 2011 against Cannon and MCB

OCR Cleveland and United States Dept. of Justice

Note: I’m a citizen and advocate who is legally blind and am making a complaint under the ADA and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended against Patrick D. Cannon of the Michigan Commission for the Blind.  And in this case also against Jo Anne Pilarski Chair of the Commission for the Blind for her knowing and aiding and abetting of Cannon’s violations of my and others civil rights in violation of her charge, state/federal oath of office, etc. and for acting with deliberate indifference to my and others civil rights (known) over more than a decade.

He and she (Cannon and Pilarski) has yet to even respond to this request for information in accessible format to me, a person who is blind and dozens of others too.  (See attachment and there will be more, but hardly timely eh in accordance with Tyler v. Manhattan.)Can you imagine if you were a customer of MCB and actually wanted something like your own, very own IPE in accessible format? Oh, my that isn’t done either but will await further complaints on my behalf and that of others.

.

My address and    personal information is:

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

I give OCR and/or DOJ express permission to use my name, again Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr. (I go by Joe) against this scofflaw Pat Cannon and this institution and I make that assertion and the assertion of deliberate indifference in violation of 42USC1983 by him clear too.

Dear All,

This is a complaint against the State of Michigan and Patrick D. Cannon for violations of the effective communications requirements of Title II of the ADA and the Auxiliary aids and services provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. In brief you can see my request for public information from this Director of a V.R. Service provider and former ADA Coordinator of the State of Michigan. And he didn’t even respond to this request for information. That in and of itself is a violation and typifies the behavior of his person in gross violation of civil rights to myself, over time, but also as the head of this entity.

The Michigan Commission for the Blind in short is not and has not been fully accessible to the blind themselves under the reign of this pernicious civil rights violator Patrick D. Cannon in spite of his accolades and in spite of his former position as Chair of the United States Access Board. In fact, given these positions his violations are pernicious in fact and demonstrable deed and represent willful violations of my civil rights and I wished to be made “whole”.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

Attached request for information not responded to:

March 14, 2010

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

(Cell: 810-516-5262)

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: Request for accessible “Proposed” or “Draftand past approved” MCB Consumer Involvement Council Meeting Minutes on n ongoing basis pursuant to obligations

under the Michigan Opened Meetings Act with corollary accommodations pursuant to the ADA and Section 504

LANSING, CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE

Phone, voice: (517) 373-2062

Toll-free voice (800) 292-4200

TTY (517) 373-4025; toll-free TTY (888) 864-1212

Fax: (517) 335-5140

DIRECTOR'S OFFICE

Cannon, Patrick D., Director

(via e-mail)

Ms. Jo Ann Pilarski, MCB Commission Chair

pilarskij at charter.net

Mr. Michael Geno, MCB Commission Vice Chair

luzenskis at michigan.gov

Ms. Velma P. Allen, MCB Commissioner

luzenskis at michigan.gov

Ms. Geraldine G. Taeckens, MCB Commissioner

geri.taeckens at isahealthfund.org

Ms. Margaret Wolfe, MCB Commissioner

margwolfe at usa.net

Dear Director Cannon, MCB Chair, Pilarski, and MCB Commissioners:

I am writing you all today to formally request “Proposed” or “draft”  and past approved Consumer Involvement Council of MCB  Meeting minutes within eight

working days pursuant to obligations under the OPEN MEETINGS ACT

Act 267 of 1976. Specifically I cite this reference to this requirement (something I’ve pointed out in the past to Director Cannon on several occasions

by the way)):

“15.269. Minutes; contents, corrections, open to public inspection

Sec. 9. (1) Each public body shall keep minutes of each meeting showing the date, time, place, members present, members absent, any decisions made at a

meeting open to the public, and the purpose or purposes for which a closed session is held. The minutes shall include all roll call votes taken at the

meeting. Corrections in the minutes shall be made not later than the next meeting after the meeting to which the minutes refer. Corrected minutes shall

be available no later than the next subsequent meeting after correction. The corrected minutes shall show both the original entry and the correction.

(2) Minutes shall be public records open to public inspection and shall be available at the address designated on posted public notices pursuant to section

4. Copies of the minutes shall be available to the public at the reasonable estimated cost for printing and copying.

(3) Proposed minutes shall be available for public inspection not more than 8 business days after the meeting to which the minutes refer. Approved minutes

shall be available for public inspection not later than 5 business days after the meeting at which the minutes are approved by the public body.”

While Director Cannon has in the past stated that only approved minutes need be made accessible to the public he is clearly in error on that account as

the above language clearly indicates. Moreover there seems to be an oversight that has been ongoing regarding posting even approved CIC minutes on the

MCB web site which seems to by implication diminish the role of the CIC relative to other components and relative to other public meetings like say for

example of the Board of MCB itself.

Now, as a legally blind person I make the request to receive these minutes in the same eight (8) day period in a format that I can readily read pursuent

to obligations of this public entity under The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504, of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. As, Director

Cannon is the State of Michigan ADA Coordinator I assume that he is intimate with the obligations and citations here so I won’t bother to cite statute

and regulation. Regardless this ongoing request for accessible “Proposed” minutes can be met by simply sending them to my e-mail address listed above as

either plain text enclosures or as a Word attachment. I would also accept as a reasonable accommodation (and in the interest of public disclosure and open

government) that these minutes are routinely put on MCB’s web site within eight (8) working days after each and every meeting of the CIC in the future.

Further I’m requesting the past ten years of approved meeting minutes of the CIC, again in prescribed accessible form. Again to re-emphasize and clarify

I will accept that the past approved CIC meeting minutes having been posted within 30 days to MCB’s web site to meet this request both in regards to the

obligations under the Michigan Open Meetings Act and the provisions of the ADA and Section 504. This would also benefit the public in transparency and

show the importance of the CIC over all.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this matter and of your joint attention to both the letter and spirit of all the laws of this country and

our great State of Michigan.

Sincerely,

Paul “Joe” Harcz, Jr.