[nfbmi-talk] Fw: This works well!

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 18:37:49 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Donna Rose
To: joe harcz Comcast
Cc: Joe Sibley ; Fred Wurtzel ; Jo Ann Pilarski ; John Scott ; 'Larry Posont' ; Lydia Schuck ; Mike Geno ; Terry Eagle ; Patrick Cannon ; Mark Eagle ; Charis Austin ; Casey Dutmer ; Deb Wild
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:20 PM
Subject: This works well!

Joe,

Yep, this is how it works.  You have just proved my point.  Those insults have gotten me right on board with you.  Thanks so much for pointing out your view of my life and its lack of meaning to the world in your email below.  I am so sorry that so many of us don't live up to your expectations.  Good thing you are there to tell us all what we are supposed to be doing.  I couldn't live without this guidance. lol

You are not the God of civil rights.  Anyone can sit all day at their computer hurling out insults under the guise of the law.  It's easy to attack people when you know they have to just sit there and take it, like the State employees.  By the way, I am not one of them.  It doesn't help any cause to abuse them or anyone else.
Being right is right, but name calling and insulting won't get you anywhere.  You have to act as if you are at least able to keep your head, not be a bully and help people be invested in you and your position.  Otherwise people just shut down even if you are asking for legally mandated access.  Yes, we need progress.  I agree, and it won't be done one civil rights case at a time or even one person at a time.  Otherwise it will take forever or revert back when we go away or die.

It takes unity, something the blind community has yet to achieve.  If the message is fueled too much by anger it implodes on itself.  Martin Luther King Jr. knew this and Malcolm X learned it too.  Both men lost their lives because of their understanding of this powerful premise, unity.

This lack of unity is the sole reason we have made such little progress, while other disability groups have flourished in their ability to send a common message, and have the legal progress our population lacks.

you are not an advocate for me or anyone else if this is the way you want to do things.  You are just a grandiose angry old man, taking on the role of a victim.

I am not a helpless victim and have done and will do just fine whether or not the world ever complies with the laws I desire to see fulfilled.  You are not working to rescue me or anyone else.  I can rescue myself and do it without resistance.  It is a matter of a sense of self power and control.  I have chosen to have both.  I can get more done in one hour with my diplomacy, which you call" nicey nicey",than you will achieve in a life time.  I do it everyday.  I am so proud I am not like you.

I will stay tuned to see how it all unfolds for you Joe.  My prediction is the Commission will soon be combined with MRS as administrators who make such decisions are becoming sick of all of the fighting, name calling, insults, immaturity and general three ring circus.  Just wait!

This will be my last message on this topic.  Thanks again for your poignant message!  You really crack me up!

Go Bravely,
Donna Rose, LMSW