[nfbmi-talk] From the Latest Braille Monitor

Christine Boone christine_boone at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 15:57:15 UTC 2011

Thanks J.J.,
Haley is one of our own.  She has attended several meetings of our  Kalamazoo chapter and we were the first reviewers of her prototype cards.  Haley's son Aron is an adorable 4 year old.  He seems to have a lot of trouble seeing, though the doctors are telling his parents that Aron is not legally blind.  Haley sees daily evidence that does not support these medical findings, and she is determined that blindness will not stand in Aron's way, and wants him to begin learning Braille so he will be prepared if and when the need arrises.  We are continuing to give help and support to this family as they search for answers to Aron's visual inconsistencies.

Heartsight Cards really are awesome!  They are equally appropriate for   sighted family members and friends, especially when sent from a blind person.
Christine