[nfbmi-talk] VR Counsellors

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sun Mar 20 03:18:57 UTC 2011

Just in case y'all were thinking, I am not really complaining but simply stating the way it seems to work with VR counsellors.  The good ones get tired of the way things are and transfer or quit.  The bad ones seem to hang around and continue to stay bad.  I do have a psychology and physiology background.  I work on our wraparound community board helping keep families together.  Unfortunately, this job is only a couple of hours a month and pays less than $50.  But the commission thinks that I am gainfully employed!  Anyway, I mentioned this because I know ho important good rapport is with any type of counsellor.  If you keep having counsellors changing up on you, you not only have to continually establish some kind of relationship, hopefully a god one, but also regain confidence again.  It is just the way this states system works!  I strongly suspect that the good ones are offered early retirement and other good things so that they don't have to be paid what they are really worth!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!