[nfbmi-talk] Fw: The time has come

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 00:24:53 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geri Taeckens" <geri.taeckens at isahealthfund.org>
To: "Cannon, Patrick (DELEG)" <cannonp at michigan.gov>
<president.nfb.mi at gmail.com>; "'Luzenski, Sue (DELEG)'" <LuzenskiS at michigan.gov>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 8:17 PM
Subject: The time has come

Dear Pat, Joann, John, Lydia, Larry, and Sue,

I have thought long and hard about what I am about to write but have finally
made my decision. I need to prematurely resign from the commission board,
effective immediately.  This is in no way any reflection on my deep caring
and concern for MCB and its customers; rather the realization that I just do
not have the time to give with my new life situation.  Though I love being
my own boss in my business, it does not come with paid time off. (Smile!)

Pat, I know that we have not always seen eye to eye and that my tendancy to
be rather provocative and audacious may not always have been welcomed, I do
want you to know how much I appreciate all the work you and your staff do.
Truly, everything I've said and done as a commissioner is because I really
do care and felt it worth my time and energy.  Supporting blind people in
Michigan is a huge task and it takes diverse thinking, ideas, and people to
do the job.  Though I am looking forward to avoiding those trips to Lansing,
reading the reams of pages in the board packet  documents, and staying at
the Radisson Hotel whose elevators crush various body parts, I will really
miss connecting with all of you and sharing good laughs amidst some
stressful moments.

Please know that I am still very interested and willing to support the blind
community in Michigan. I still plan to help out at the Braille-A-Thon, Camp
T. and other various blind events. If there is ever anything I can do to
support MCB or blind people, please, do not hesitate to call me any time.

So, I wish all the staff and board members at MCB my very best.  Please feel
free to pass on this note to them, Pat.  Take very good care of yourselves.

Sincerely,

Geri Taeckens
P. S.
And a big fat hug!