[nfbmi-talk] Taeckens

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 03:51:22 UTC 2011

Honestly, and I'll state this for the record: I don't give a rodent's
posterior if say Michael Geno or any other MCBVI person is put in her place.
It would shut this insane argument up for once and for all and this argument
of NFB v. MCBVI is again a dodge, a chimera and a diversion against the
seminal issues at hand.

I'm sorry for my passion here Fred O, but anyone who knows me or the public
record knows that if I think NFB in general is wrong I'll say it and state
it publicly. And if I think ACB is wrong I'll do that too. Man, I've filed
DOJ complaints against both national organizations for failure to remit
information under Title III, of the ADA, including timely delivery of IRS
990 information, and/or minutes. This is just a matter of fact. I've done
it. And from some quarters in both quarters I've been retaliated against,
pretty much q=equally by some personnel in =both quarters trying to stifle
me in both cases by censorship. (This said: it is most apparent that both
organizations, and indeed this NFB MI list let me live and flourish, (and
NFB MI in particualr) in the best tradition of the First Amendment of the
u=United States Constitution.

Oh, now we have a sore spot for while there might be arguments by NFB
national or ACB national for censoring basic information as they are
non-profits albeit in recept of federal funds there are no issues in
material fact that the Michigan Commission for the Blind and it's state
sponserrred list serve has illegally an dd unconstitutionally censorered
communiques from me, if not others to its list. In fact anything related to
even public domain activities indcluding pleadings and the David Robinnson
adjudicated civil rights complaint have been censorred by MCB and, indeed
list moderator Cheryl Hiebeck.

This is more than violative, and it is even just plain weird and overtly
dictatorial as the same information is wroutinely available on other state
of Michigan web sites and from the Michigan Civil Service Commission itself.

NNo, the most custodial; the most idiscriminatory: the most paternalistic;
and the most offensive organization in state gevernment, documented at at
and the most in defience of its mandate under the Rehab Act is indeed the
perfidious Michigan Commission for the Blind itself under the dictatorshi[p
of Cannon.

These are just the facts and only the facts and Cannon nor any of his
minions can deny reality.

Our issues are whether or not we can survive the fallout and the storms from
such chronic abuse of process.

Joe
What drives me crazy about the Taeckens thing is not that she is such a bad
person. She isn't. She cares. I think that and she is not corrupt. But she,
and so many others are suckered in this thing of NFB versus ACB which isn't
even relevant here. It is just a suckers dodge and a suckers punch against
all of us no matter our affiliation.

This, said I joined openly NFB MI because they were the only ones fighting
against the abuses of process and for the general interests of blind folks
throughout the age spectrum here in Michigan. And I will state now and hence
foreword that as far as I'm concerned Larry Posent is an honest broker of
the interests of those who are blind here in Michigan.

I mean that and until proven differently I'll maintain my allegiance to NFB
MI.

Some day we'll eventually differ on this or that. someday I'll differ with
the board or the convention assembled here in Michigan. But, I'll tell you
and I'll repeat this to the rafters I have not differed and nor do I eeven
have an inkling of difference as to resolutions and so on and so forth or
official actions over say the past five years or so with NFBB MI. I have
looked and, as contentious and finicky as I am I just can't find a thing to
disagree with.

In fact I can't find things I disagree with Nationally except, perhaps in
some old time and outdated ADA stuff with the crew at    National NFB.

Regardless, once again this isn't an ACB versus NFB thing at all except if
we fall in the Hell hole of the likes of Cannon. You see his like, whether
blind or sighted is all about him and his benefits, or his entitlements and
not about the programs he is to administrate. And perhaps here he is not
unlike some in both NFB, or ACB or non affiliated who happen to be blind.

Now, here I'm going to gore a sacred cow to some extent, but I'll be frank.
I think that in the past some in NFB have been conflicted in the delivery of
services, and in fact I was opposed and am now to the service or rehab
provision of services by NFB itself in principle because I think it createsa
conflicting position. In other words while  I have and do defend the right
of the blind to be travel instructors, to run rehab agencies and so on and
so forth I think that direct running of rehab agencies puts us in conflicts.
But, that deal is done and I've stated my case here in the public spirit and
in the public interest.
Bottom line is that here in Michigan where we had a fine residential center
by any measure we now have a stupid thing that is lip gloss and paying at
least  r rent alone and a whole lot for parking alone at the Clarion Hotel
in Kalamazoo.

And once again, bottom line is that some heroic individuals whom I'll say
for lack of better words I "love" are doing the best they can regardless as
to method of instruction or philosophy to teach newly blinded folks things
like getting from point a to point b.

But the real sin, the venal sin in Catholic terms is that this agency knew
this was coming, and Cannon instead of looking forward fired in a rage Chris
Boone and then placed a crown of thorns, albeit one with lots of our
taxpayer's dollars, around the head of Heibeck who wouldn't know Braille
from Chinese Checkers or Rehab in general from an inaccessible video game.

And mark my words here. Watch in the next few years. Watch the currently
developed asset; the physical asset of the M
CB Training Center; and watch it swallowed up by the State of Michigan
apparatus under a Republican regime and privatized even after Federal rehab
funds were used to modify it. It is like the crap of the Michigan School for
the Blind closure and Truest Fund. It is like the current stealing of the
Michigan School for the Deaf. Both Republicans and Democrats did this.
Partisanship does us nothing. We have to defend programs and services on the
basis of laws, regulations and devoid of partisan considerations.

I do not wish to be crue d here, but I care little if my persecutor is a
"Democrat" or a "Republican". Regardless, nowadays, nationally and for a
decade here in Michigan we've had our share of both and the big whig
"Democrat" Cannon has been the worst.

I hate to say it he makes me sick in my stomached to even consider myself a
member of the "Democratic Party" and I think, personally Republicans are
worse for our interests. Still do. But whwhat is, after all wrose than
nothing?,