[nfbmi-talk] Fw: mcb foia ada and 504 request

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 20:57:24 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Farmer, Mel (DELEG)
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: mcb foia ada and 504 request

Sir,

You don't have an extension of anything under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Communications under Title II of the ADA alone must be timely (re: Tyler v. Manhatten), and ADA, Title II subpart e, regulations which I've sent you in full. As so I take this as deliberate indifference to known federal civil rights legislation.

And I take this response as informed as a direct violation of 42 USC 1983 as a "state actor" in these regards. In other words your abject and bucratic violations ammount to constitutional violations and civil rights violations and are actionable in and of themselves.

Please, save yourself and the taxpayers of the State of Michigan a lawsuit and just deliver the information in accordence with known State, Federal and other laws.

And by the way as denoted in prior posts federal law trumps your interpretation of state law especially when Constitutional issues and civil rights issues are considerred.

Moreover, I am adding a request now under the Michigan Freedom of Informatino Act and that is to have your, Melvin Farmer's complete personell file in accessible format (pursuent to obligations under Title II of the ADA and Section 504). forthwith.

(Of course on the FOIA issue I make note of Bradlee v. Saranac Community Schools too.)

I think the taxpayers of the State of Michigan would love to see how you as FOIA coordinator gets compensated and how you abuse your public trust in such manners as your responses like this one have made clear to all of us. And parenthetically, and as a most decidedly relevant aside how these "Soviet style" bureaucratic shenigans abuse the civil rights of this blind person and all people with disabilities from knowing about the basic functioning's of their state and federally funded governmental entities.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.