[nfbmi-talk] ada 504 request mcb meeting information

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 15:07:37 UTC 2011

October 28, 2011

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

810-686-2673

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: ADA, Rehabilitation Act Request for Accessible Information MCB Meeting(s)

Patrick D. Cannon

Director

Michigan Commission for the Blind

CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE

Michigan Commission for the Blind

201 N. Washington, 2nd Floor

P.O. Box 30652

Lansing, MI 48909

Phone (voice): (517) 373-2062

Fax: (517) 335-5140

TTY (517) 373-4025

Toll-Free Numbers:

1-800-292-4200 (voice, answered in Lansing)

1-800-323-2535 (voice, answered in Escanaba)

TTY 888-864-1212

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing today to request the complete “commissioners packet” for the upcoming meeting(s) of the Michigan Commission for the Blind. As you should know by now I make this request, as a person who is blind pursuant to your obligations for accessible meetings and materials under Title I of the Rehabilitation Act of 1978 as amended, the auxiliary aids and services provisions of Section 504 of that same act, and pursuant to the effective communications requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (subpart e, communications). I again request all information that the commissioners have or will have for the upcoming meeting which at a minimum should include:

-The agenda

-The MCB report and other specific reports

-Monthly financial data related to MCB’s expenditures (Note: nothing has been put on the MCB web site in this regard since July!)

-All materials related to the annual evaluation of the MCB Director

-Any information related to physical accessibility of the Ottawa Building where this meeting will be held

-Any and all information related to ALJ decisions if any.

-All correspondences to date related to the incomplete RSA Monitoring including finished corrective actions.

-All materials/information requested by commissioners at the last meeting of MCB

Now, I request that these materials are sent to me as simple Word documents and/or plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above. Moreover, again I request that these documents are posted ASAP to the MCB web site. Finally, I request that there are contracted Braille copies at the next meeting.

Failure to respond to this request for information in a timely manner is a violation of my civil rights in and of itself.

Thus, I thank you for your prompt and accessible response in advance.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.