[nfbmi-talk] Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:49:21 UTC 2011

Here is a book that some of you might want to buy for young boys for Christmas.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid

By Jeff Kinney

In contracted braille (2 vols) and eBraille, $13.95

Ages 9-12

The Wimpy Kid series has sold over 47 million copies in the U.S.

alone, and been translated into 30 languages worldwide. Although

targeted to reluctant boy readers, it has hooked girls, too, making

it the most popular series for that age group, even dusting Harry

Potter! Educators and librarians recommend it because it gets

kids to read. Find out what the hoopla is about by ordering the

first book in the series.

For the braille edition, we've fully described each comics-style drawing in

the book so braille readers will be able to read the books seamlessly.

"In this laugh-out-loud novel, Greg tells his story in a series of short,

episodic chapters. Most revolve around the adolescent male curse: the need

to do incredibly dumb things because they seem to be a good idea at the time.

Yet, unlike some other books about kids of this age, there's no sense of a

slightly condescending adult writer behind the main character.

Lots of fun throughout." --Booklist review

To order or read more about this book online, visit

http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/WIMPY1.html

*******

Which FREE book will you choose in our Annual Holiday Book Sale?

http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/holidaysale.html

******

To order any books, send payment to:

NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302

Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
520. Or order any of our books online at

http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .