[nfbmi-talk] the monitor article

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 11:42:17 UTC 2011

Indeed it was a very good article and captured a lot of what has been going
on. Of course no article can even come close to capturing the breadth and
depth of the true disaster on every front that MCB has become under Cannon,
and his cronies.

In fact there isn't a day that goes by where the very laws that create and
fund MCB are not broken as a course of events, let alone other binding laws
like the ADA, the Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act.

In fact I contend and have contended all along that this reckless
lawlessness discredits the institution over all and makes it very
vulnerable.

But, again the essence is in this wonderful (pun intended ...smile) story.
For the real bottom line in which we all agree is that MCB is supposed to be
all about the Vocational Rehabilitation and Independent Living of
Michiganders who are blind. Instead it has sadly become a chronically
corrupted, malfeasant, patronage system for a willfully elite few. Certainly
the excellent fundamental drum beat of this story is that MCB has lost
"mission focus" to say the least. And as Truman said, "The buck stops at the
top."

Now, while there is a concerted effort against those within and aligned with
the Federation, a point I agree with, it goes even further. For I contend
that there is a concerted effort against 99.9 percent of all blind people
here in Michigan, again to keep the elite sell outs to our collective
interests in power. That is pure and simple corruption on a grand scale.

Now, we have highlighted here the horrendous wrongs done to Chris, Dave, and
Hazell. But, as awful as all those things were the hidden story is for the
literal thousands of blind folks who routinely get turned away at the first
instance. There isn't a meeting that goes by were consumers don't report
never receiving a return phone call from this agency even at the point of
application for example.

The sad thing is that we are now seeing, not unlike what is going on
nationally in the economy a lost generation of blind folks.

I know this is why the likes of Fred Wertzel, Larry Posont and so many
others are so passionate. Our productive and leadership days are in their
twilight years.

But, to see the future assaulted in such a malicious way for the younger
generation is simply intolerable.

What ever happened to public virtue and the American notion of progress
where the next generation is supposed to be better off than the one
preceding this?

No, my passion and the passion of others arises from the fact that Cannon
and his minions has been robbing our youth and indeed even the newly blinded
folks of employment age. Oh, well being the equal opportunity offender he is
they now are and have been messing with the elderly blind too.

Sorry for the ramble, but Gary did do a wonderful job in portraying the
history and the fact that the promises inherent with a separate commission
have been violated by the current agency leadership over and over again. And
implicit is that it is all done for immoral, illicit, and very selfish
personal reasons that are un vicious, and frankly, unforgivable.

Now, while the simple removal of Cannon will not solve all the issues facing
we the blind in Michigan by a long shot it is certainly a prerequisite.
Nothing will change under the current leadership except, perhaps that things
will get much worse. and they will now as the stimulus funds are now all
gone.

But, that is another story for another day.

Sincerely,

Joe