[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Response to FOIA Request (FOIA Open Inquire)

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 19:10:31 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Haynes, Carla (LARA)
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: Response to FOIA Request (FOIA Open Inquire)

Dear Ms. Haynes and (indirectly Mr. Cannon and Mr. Arwood),

I have several things to say about this non-response. One you and the agency implicitly violate the "surcharge" provisions of the ADA and Section 504. As I've sent these regulatory and statutory citations to the agency before and as this is after all the Michigan commission for the Blind with the former head of the U.S. Access Board and former State of Michigan ADA coordinator at the helm, namely the scofflaw Patrick D. Cannon,  I can only construe that the direct violations of the ADA/504 requirements are not only deliberate indifference to known civil rights laws (re: Tyler vs.. Manhattan), but also willful and made with malice of forethought.

In short this and similar responses constitute a malicious violation of my and other's civil rights.

Again, this is simply absurd on its face as the Michigan Commission for the Blind is indeed just that and should be the expert and is paid by the taxpayer to be the expert in keeping such records and indeed making them accessible in the first place and in fact signs assurances with the feds each and every year in those regards. Are those assurances indeed outright lies as this response implies? If so then I think the U.S. Attorney's office should engage in false statements act claims against the personnel who indeed utters and engages in these violations of law and equity.

Moreover, I urge you and all to look at the regulations on the affirmative defense relative to "administrative burdens and undue hardship". These are not fleeting issues or arbitrary ones but, rather ones that must be read literally, and again you've all been notified by yours truly in these regards. The absurdity on this issue at the risk of redundancy is plain on its face as you represent Michigan Commission for the Blind for crying out loud! Would a Michigan Commission for the Deaf cite such absurd issues in violation of clear cut mandates and federal civil rights laws with impunity, let alone a straight face? I think not!

By the way again refer to affirmative obligations under case law on the issue such as Tyler vs.. Manhattan. which again, I've sent you all and thus again you all are guilty on its face of 42 USC 1983 violations of my civil rights which is actionable and recoverable against you all personally as you are all state actors acting in concert against my known civil rights and you are all acting inconcert in malicious fashion being dully notified in law and equity.

Now, finally the abject failure of you all in accounting for the expenditure of federal funds "earmarked" and required for specific purposes herein (namely Federal funds for the express purposes of the BEP and VR programs) or the open and with this message undocumented, and self-admitted lack of accounting of same is malfeasant by your own admission at very best and is, frankly criminal, and I mean that term in its strictest sense at worst.

The MCB is a "Shepard" of federal taxpayer's funds and those funds must be accounted for. Aside from the discrete issues of blindness and my invocations of the ADA/504 in these regards each and every taxpayer regardless as to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other contingency has a right to know just how and why these funds are expended and to what purpose.

It is both on its face outrages and wholly unacceptable that this agency cannot by your own admission break out or otherwise account for differentials in funding for dedicated funding and discrepancies therein for non-blind temporary operators versus blind operators for whom the very establishment of PA 260 and indeed the Randolph Shepard program let alone the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 were created and funded in the first place.
This is simply an outrageous response for simple accounting let alone true public accountability.

This response in and of itself is again also a constitutional violation of both the "spending clause" and the "14th Amendment" requirements in regards to the misapplication and misinterpretations of the ADA/504 and abusing the FOIA (state law) to pre-empt federal legal requirements. Again, I neeed not prove anything but this very message which stands in stark violation of the federal civil rights laws and statutes.

So my suggestion is this: remit requested information forthwith not only to myself in accessable format, but also account for these expentidures to RSA, the GAO but also the Michigan Auditor General and make all such required documentation available to the Governor of the State of Michigan and even more importantly the public and our entire Republic on MCB's own web site.

To reiterate the law and indeed several laws are consistent in these regards. The Business enterprise program under PA 260, and/or the RS/Rehabilitation Act program are federally funded programs for the express purpose of promoting gainful and meaningful employment of people who happen to be blind. They are not programs for underwriting without any measure of accounting let alone accountability  with state and federal funds sighted, non-disabled white males or females for that matter. If the State Licensing Agency (MCB) disagrees with this simple interpretation of law, equity and accountability then I suggest that you all give up your federally subsidized laws under these Acts and return your paychecks to the state and federal taxpayer. Then you can rightfully lobby to re-vise these programs, and services and benefits and activities that you seemingly so despise by your actions.

As an aside to Ms. Haynes, for this message is clearly aimed at "higher ups" predominately I must say our relationship has been cordial and I hold no personalanimous towards you personally. But, I also must say I have the rights of all citizens and they will not be deterred.

In short if people wish to "nickel and dime" by contrivance and denigration of known civil rights laws my and others constitutional right to know the public activities of public institutions and actors nd if one wishes to let these same scofflaws violate my and others constitutional and civil rights then one might well be expected to be sued on the same par as those self-same scofflaws for cause.

Regardless I've made my case in point and in fact and in deed.

I will not desist and I call for the United States Attorney's Office to look in to this bovine scatology.
She has done so before and she will do so again.

State Departments cannot be trusted right now with the public trust.

Again, Carla, sincerely about all that. But public trust, public laws and public rights are what they are.