[nfbmi-talk] ada oma request for transcripts/meeting minutes

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 14:23:29 UTC 2011

October 11, 2011 ADA Request for AG Transcripts Special Meeting

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Patrick D. Cannon

Director Michigan Commission for the Blind

(Via: e-mail)

Dear Mr. cannon,

I am writing today to request the following transcripts/meeting minutes required by vote of the commission at its last quarterly meeting:

“Posont MOVED to make the July 19 Special Board meeting MINUTES in transcript form; schuck seconded

Discussion:  Commissioner’s asked Mr. Warren if creating a transcript is the most educational way to gain all the information.  Mr. Warren agreed.

THE Motion passed unanimously”

As you know these were dully voted for and approved and thus are required to be made available to the public within eight (8) working days under the Michigan Open Meetings Act. As you’ve also been informed print public documents are required to be made available to people who are blind in the most effective format of that individual under Title II, of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, (subpart e, communications) and pursuant to the “auxiliary aids and services” provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation act of 1973 as amended. Thus I am requesting them forthwith as either plain text enclosures or Word attachments sent to my e-mail address listed above. Further I request on behalf of all blind Michiganders that you take such stepps to have these documents placed in accessible form on the MCB web site.

Thank you for your prompt, lawful and timely response.

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

cc: MCB Commissioners

cc: NFB MI

cc: MCBVI