[nfbmi-talk] Student Constitution Amendment 2

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:00:32 UTC 2011

The second amendment deals with how many board positions we elect to our board. The two opposing sections regarding this issue are listed below followed by two different proposals to resolve this issue. During the business portion of our student seminar, I will ask someone to read these sections of the constitution along with both of the proposals. I will then ask for a motion from the floor as to which proposal we should adopt. Once the motion passes, we will proceed with the elections.

ARTICLE V - OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES

Section One: Elections

There shall be elected at the regular annual business meeting a president, a vice president, a secretary, a treasurer, and four board members. The terms of their offices shall begin at the close of the annual business meeting at which they are elected and qualified.

ARTICLE VI - BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The board of directors of this organization shall consist of the four constitutional officers and two at-large members.

Proposal 1:

Change ARTICLE V Section 1 from four board members to two board members.

Proposal 1 would read:

ARTICLE V - OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES

Section One: Elections

There shall be elected at the regular annual business meeting a president, a vice president, a secretary, a treasurer, and two board members. The terms of their offices shall begin at the close of the annual business meeting at which they are elected and qualified.

Proposal 2:

Change ARTICLE VI from two at-large members to four at-large members.

Proposal 2 would read:

ARTICLE VI - BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The board of directors of this organization shall consist of the four constitutional officers and four at-large members.