[nfbmi-talk] Student Activities for NFB Michigan State Convention

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 03:20:10 UTC 2011

Hello All,

Are you a high school student, college student, or graduate student who will be attending the NFB Michigan state convention? If so, the Michigan Association of Blind Students would like to invite you to join us for some fun exciting activities that will take place during this convention.

The festivities will take place at the Clarion Hotel located at 3600 E. Cork St.,

Kalamazoo MI, 49001 from Friday, November 4, 2011 through Sunday, November 6, 2011.

We open up Friday night with registration beginning at 6:45 pm. Membership dues are $5, and our pizza luncheon is an additional $5, making the entire package $10 for the entire weekend. Please note registration for the general convention is separate from the student registration.

Our annual Student Seminar will follow registration beginning at 7:00 pm. This fun and informative seminar will focus on ways students can get more involved with our organization. Our featured speaker will be Anil Lewis who will present us with the keys of successful mentorship. Other speakers will include Cindy Bennett, our NABS rep, along with other students within our organization. We will also vote on constitution amendments and hold elections at the end of the meeting. A convention wide social event will take place immediately following this seminar.

The fun continues on Saturday with an "All Things Students" pizza luncheon. Drop by the Student Presidential Suite from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm, grab a slice of pizza, and pull up a chair as we discuss all things students in a casual laid-back atmosphere. Current leaders will be on hand to answer questions and discuss the future of the student division. This event is for students only. Please pay the $5 luncheon fee when registering for the Friday evening seminar.

If you have any further questions, need additional information, or would like help finding a roommate for the convention, please feel free to contact me. My email address is lizmohnke at hotmail.com. I look forward to seeing you at our state convention!

Elizabeth Mohnke

President, Michigan Association of Blind Students

Email: lizmohnke at hotmail.com