[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Federal Judge Issues Permanent Legal Resolutionfor Blind Law School Graduate Who Paved the Way for BlindTest Takers

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 17:32:27 UTC 2011

Thank you Larry sir,

Now here we have case law that goes to the very right to access to the legal
system, and effective communications therein showing how utterly corrupt and
discriminatory this system is to those of us who are blind.

Yet, here in Michigan the very federally funded system for rehabilitation
for the blind MCB does not remit information in a timely maner via simple
e-mail let alone Braille affirmatively let alone upon request.

There are and have been battles over simple delivery of meeting minutes let
alone vital documents such as IPEs or even federally required documents such
as those required documents related to the RSA monitoring.

Man oh man we've had folks within the BEP program who've requested Braille
or other accesssable information for years and not received one with of it.

We've seen in documented fashion my and your and other requests for simple
and basic information from the agency funded to do this in part and mandated
to do it period by a variety of laws.

Yet, you and I and others get vilified for pointing out the
obviousviolations in law and equity?

Our tactics are adjudged by some as not quite right while clear cut and
documented violators of tvarious laws on a mass scale are somehow
exonerated?

I've followed this particular case for now close to a decade.

Doesn't the passage of time and the lack of justice simply enrage folks
here?

And back to MCB can we make any progress in this world when the very agency
that is supposed to be the lead agency in these regards acts contrary to our
interests?

Honestly this goes to the clucking and the weird and the counterproductive
issues brought up by Elizabeth and Donna on this very list.

Folks we are in this together or we are doomed.

Asking for you, Larry to be censorred or me to be censorred for simply
ddenoting facts or deaming us ad hoc as annoyances hurts all blind folks let
alone those who are Federationists.
As Martin Luther King stated, "An insult or injustice to one is an injustice
to all."

Moreover, the divides amonst NFB, ACB, or the non-aligned are as irrelevent
in most cases in these regards as are the political divides between nominal
democracts or republicans.

Bottom line is that law is law. And we are supposed to be a government of
law and not of man.

Bottom line as regardless as to victims of discrimination Pat Cannon has
violated the collective civil and other rights of Michiganders who are blind
for decades.

In fact whilst being particularly attentive to violating the rights of
Federationists over the past few years he has singularly violated directly
or through his subordinates the rights of others.

In short he has again in documented fashion been a sort of "equal
opportunity offender"

Sorry for the ramble and the restatements o facts and the obvious.

Thanks for the inadvertent therapy through allowing me to "vent"...Smile....

Regardless, I highly praise NFB in its role and Stephanie for her long
battle for justice.

There is an old saying though and that is, "Justice delayed is justice
denied."

I want justice yesterday especially within the very federal and state funded
institution that is supposed to be the leader and within the very court
systems and the very administrative law venues that are supposed to dispense
justice period for one and all yet do not do so.

Man, I've been accused of being a reckless anarchist by some. But here we
have a case and we've demonstrated other cases were the very legal system
violates several laws or those associated with it do.

Some call me "crazy" for pointing this out or railing on this.

Perhaps I am so, but I'm not wrong and the crazy making is when officers,
institutions, and persons charged with fulfilling the law become violators
of it in fact and deed.

Finally, Marry Wertzel brought this up brilliantly at a teleconference
meeting  in Jully ... You know the one with Tom Warren with theMichigan
A.G.'s office or perhaps it wasanother...Regardless she asked simply, "What
good are laws if no one follows them?"

I ask and am asking the same question over and over again.

Joe