[nfbmi-talk] Coruption

Fred wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 16:42:29 UTC 2011

Dear Phyllis,

This is a list for people who wish to discuss various topics.  Some are
quite vociferous while others are more inquiring, such as yourself.  Without
commenting on any particular post, I would say that to get a real
perspective on our organization you ought to come to some chapter meetings
and to our state convention which will be November 4-6 in Kalamazoo at the
Clarion hotel.  If you need registration information, let me know.

every orgainization that I have belonged to from NFB to my church and most
everything in between have a wide variety of people with a wide variety of
views, some more or less in synch with my own.  I do not judge the
organization by the views of individuals, rather the mission and goals of
the organization along with the effectiveness of the organization to affect
change.  In my nearly 40 years in the NFB I will say with no doubt that the
NFB is one of the most effective organizations in creating positive change.
Braille literacy laws that help blind children get Braille instruction,
quiet car legislation that helps blind people travel safer, minimum wage
advocacy and on the list goes.  We now have more accessible ATM'
's for 1 example due to the advocacy of NFB.  We now have accessible voting
machines due to NFB.

So, please come to our meetings and get to know us.  In the meantime getting
through conflict can sometimes be uncomfortable.  MCB is not doing its job
as effectively as it ought to be.  Placement rates are low, phone calls are
not returned to clients, clients' cases are closed with no job or no
permission from the client.  These are just a few serious problems which
need attention.  We all have our own ideas on the best way to affect change.
If you join with us, you will have a voice in how we  approach problem
solving.  For my part, I sure hope you come along.  I welcome spirited
debates about topics of importance to all of us.  It helps us to create the
best outcomes.

Warm Regards,

Fred