[nfbmi-talk] To Phyllis

Fred wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Tue Sep 27 00:49:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I think a transportation project is a wonderful idea.  It seems a natural
for a guide dog division project, if we had a guide dog division.  Others
could join in, it would not be limited to dog users, but could be led by the
division.

I have seen a number of studies and surveys that report that transportation
is one of the major roadblocks to low-income and persons with disabilities
getting work.  Here in Lansing we border 3 counties.  Lansing and Ingham
county have quite good transit, but Eaton and Clinton do not, so getting
jobs in those counties is difficult.  It is especially difficult since the
state "secondary complex" is in Eaton county and I would guess there are
close to 3 thousand state jobs out there.

just a thought.

Warmest Regards,

Fred